Being half-vegan (don’t ask), I was asked to do an egg dish-replacement recipe for this assignment for Foods. So, here goes… (the full recipe is at the bottom)
Here I’ve just chopped up some tofu, an onion, and about 2/3 of a sweet bell pepper.
I put the tofu, onion, pepper, garlic and oregano in the pan with a bit of oil (I used garlic-infused olive oil, but any other cooking oil will do)
As you scramble the tofu, break it down into smaller pieces as you go.
Once the tofu begins to release liquid, increase the temperature until it all cooks off.
Here it is, done in the pan, and then below, plated.
It’s a bit small for two people, but as I was just looking for a snack at the time, two servings works just fine.
- 1 300g package of soft tofu
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 of a bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- Dice the onion and pepper into 1/2-inch pieces and the tofu into 1/4-inch pieces
- Heat some cooking oil (I used garlic-infused olive oil) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat
- Put all ingredients into the pan at once, and begin scrambling, breaking the tofu up into smaller pieces as you go
- Once the tofu begins to let out water, raise the temperature a bit to cook it off, making sure to turn it back down again once water has cooked off
- Serve with some ketchup or mango-chili chutney (my personal favourite sauces on almost anything) and enjoy!
BTW, follow my foods insta @rogxr.food